Post by Stacey Walker. Stacey mostly works behind the scenes for Walker Woodworking, managing day to day operations, and marketing. Stacey has helped many clients create their dream space.
Benefits of a Custom Kitchen
Many will ask why they should choose a custom kitchen? Can’t the local box store give me the kitchen I need? While some of this is true, a standard kitchen from the store can give you a usable kitchen, is it usable for your specific requirements and reflects your own style? Custom kitchens are not just about being a beautiful, quality product, but meant to be designed and built around you and your family, for function, as well as, to be enjoyed by all who enter. We want to share a few reasons why we believe a custom kitchen is beneficial to you besides just being beautiful.
Built to last
Quality is at the top of our list for every project. We stand behind our product which is why we stamp our logo into every cabinet. We inspect each piece before loading it into our install truck because we want to ensure that it is exactly what you ordered and will last. We have multiple clients who purchased their cabinets over a decade ago who tell us that they still function as well as they did the day they were installed. Whether you are building a new home or renovating your current one, our cabinets will add the right touch to your space and can be counted on to be there for you.
One of the many strengths of the custom kitchen is the ability to get exactly what you need. Box stores only offer a limited range of options meaning that you may have to order something you don’t need to get the one item you do, or settle for a design, due to the fact their choices are limited. Custom brings your design to a whole new level such as:
- Love to cook but hate having to run back and forth to get spices and utensils? Add a spice-rack pull-out with containers to hold your larger utensils right next to the stove.
- Want easier access to items? Swap drawers for cabinets to make it easy to get to plates, platters, pots, and pans.
- Need a unique cabinet size to fit around your custom appliances? Custom gives you the option to create the exact size you need.
Having a custom kitchen allows you to put your own unique spin on the space and create an area that is perfect for you. Not sure what your style is, or what you need for proper function? No worries, we have designers that will guide you with suggestions and ideas. Ultimately you will make the final decision, but working with a professional makes the decisions so much easier.
Built on the principle of good business, we love using locally sourced materials plus it allows us to ensure that it is of the highest quality. This also means that we have access to what we need when we need it. Often boxed stores use lower quality materials including pressed wood which means that the cabinets will not last and can develop problems over time. We seek to create a product that stands the test of time and that only happens when you use the best materials.
Usually the cabinets offered by the typical box stores serve one purpose but with custom cabinets we can design a space that serves multiple. For example:
- Want a little desk space to write a note or jot down your grocery list? That is easy to incorporate.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning or a shot of espresso? Add a beverage station to your kitchen so that everyone can get what they need to start their day right. It is also perfect for gatherings.
- Looking for a place to prep your food but also have family nearby? A custom kitchen island with seating is something we do often for our clients.
Spaces that are multipurpose are always a plus and can increase the value of the home for potential buyers. Be sure to make a list of the things that are important to you and what the space needs to accomplish for you before scheduling an appointment with your designer.
Custom built for your needs
Your home is meant to be built around your specific needs which is why custom is the number one option. Browse our gallery to see the many custom projects we have done for our clients and how we can help you. Serving more than 15 counties in western North Carolina and the upstate of South Carolina, we are ready to help you create a custom kitchen that will last.