Featured Wellborn Remodel Project
Featured Wellborn Remodel Project
Are you on a budget for your kitchen remodel?
Wellborn offers a great product at a great value for you.
Find out how semi-custom cabinets worked well for this homeowner’s budget and why she chose Wellborn cabinetry.
Greenbrook Design Featured Project:
Our clients had debated about remodeling their kitchen. Deciding factors such as budget and time frame were significant for the homeowners during the planning phase as they decided if they wanted to move forward with the project. Knowing their budget from the beginning of the design phase made designing so much more effective. It’s like having the final piece of a puzzle that makes the picture complete. Because the communication was open from the beginning, our designer was able to tailor the needs and give the customer what they needed – within their budget.
We asked: What are the top 3 reasons to remodel their kitchen?
1. Not enough room
2. No cabinet space
3. Tight areas for a growing family
With a family of three, plus additional children, family, and friends visiting and eating together was the inspiration and main focus of this kitchen design.
This was not their forever home, but more kitchen space was needed for a growing family. The homeowner also wanted to brighten and open up the space by removing the wall that separated the kitchen from the living room, creating an open floor plan. The island was designed for the family to be able to sit together, as well as to offer more storage and countertop space for preparing meals.
We were able to make budget friendly selections while preserving the homeowner’s request for function and style.
Communication is key to success! In asking the client…
What was more important to you? The budget or the time frame? Her reply;
“I would say both were very important. First was budget because I couldn’t go over a dime! Second, time frame because my husband tore down the kitchen within a day and with a one year old and not having a kitchen is not fun at all. “
We were able to design, order and install this project within the client’s timeline.
Semi-custom cabinets can typically be ordered and shipped within a four-to-six week timeline.
Let’s break down the cost of this project – Note that a non load-bearing wall was removed & floors had to be replaced.
- Wellborn Cabinets (including hardware & install): $9800.00
- Granite Countertops: $2900.00
- New Appliances: $3000 black stainless
- Demo, Sheetrock repairs & painting: $2500.00
- Flooring: Materials & Labor: $1800
- Tile Backsplash: Materials & Labor: $1300.00
- Electrical & Plumbing: $1200.00
- Total project investment : $22,500
Even with a semi-custom cabinet order, the client still receives Walker Woodworking great customer service, professional installation, and a few custom extras:
*spice pull out
- For More information about semi- custom cabinets: Wellborn or Dura Supreme. Check out our Dura Supreme & Wellborn product page.
- Researching the products before buying and understanding the difference between Stock & Semi-custom cabinets are key information points that will help with decisions when considering a remodel. Check out this information about the differences.
Job Specific Facts:
Wellborn Product Information:
- Door style: Hancock with a painted finish
- Glacier White painted perimeter
- Willow paint on the island
Hardware: Hardware Resources Information:
Product: Cosgrove Cabinet Pull in a Satin Nickel Finish
2 sizes: 6 ½ inch and 7 ¾ inch pulls were used
The homeowner chose to use a pull handle on both doors and drawers. Hardware is the accessory to the cabinets, and is always a great way to include the client in decision making choices. Hardware is always a preference to the homeowner.
- Refrigerator: Black Stainless Samsung 25 cu. Ft. French Door w/ external water & ice dispenser
- Microwave: Samsung 1.6 cu.ft. Over the Range Microwave – Black finish
- Dishwasher: Samsung black finish
- Electric range Oven: Samsung Large Capacity Convection Oven 5.9 cu. Ft. Freestanding Black finish
When asked what the top three things she LOVES about her NEW kitchen;
1 OPEN space in the new design
2 More room for family & friends
3 Modern Style / updated kitchen
When asked the client if she had more storage?
Her response; “Yes, we have tons of storage! So much that some of my cabinets don’t have much in them yet!”
Another successful remodel review:
“I LOVE MY KITCHEN and so glad that we finally were able to do it! Also blessed that Walker Woodworking had a cabinet line that I was able to afford!”
We were able to brighten this kitchen up and add an island with seating for 5!
See more photos of this project.
To view the completed project click here
New cabinets made by Wellborn, cabinets designed and installed by Walker Woodworking. Wellborn cabinets can be installed 4 weeks after your order is placed. Call us today, we can help determine a budget for your remodel with our budget analysis program. This service is uniquely offered by Greenbrook Design & Walker Woodworking.